Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry). It has earthy sweet potatoes, protein-rich chickpeas, a creamy (and spicy!) coconut sauce, and vibrant spinach greens. This curry packs a serious spice kick, but that depends on the type of green curry paste you buy. If you're sensitive to spice, start with less, taste test, and add more as you go.
Say goodbye to boring chickpea recipes – this Chickpea Curry packs serious flavours but you won't need to hunt down any unusual spices! Add everything else (chickpeas, tomato, broth/stock). Simmer to reduce and thicken, then stir in green onion and parsley at the end. Nowdays, you should can boil Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry)
- It’s 1/2 kg of Green Chickpeas.
- It’s 3 medium of Potato.
- Prepare 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of Tomato.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of Coriander.
- You need of Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 tbsp of Powder Red Chilli.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric.
Aloo Cholia / Potato green channa curry is one among the popular recipes with choliya. But as we love cilantro flavor, I went with Hara Dhaniya Cholia. Haryana special, green chickpeas curry with the delicate flavors of cilantro prepared in instant pot, popularly known as Hara Dhaniya Cholia. Quick and easy chickpea curry with Yukon Gold potatoes, stewed tomatoes, cumin, ginger, coriander and garbanzo beans.
Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry) instructions
- Get a wok.
- Warm oil in the wok. Add chopped onion.
- Saute the onion till very light brown.
- In the blender of food factory, put in chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves and the sautéd onions. Blend to make a paste. If you dont have a blender, similar can be done in a mortar-pestle.
- Drop this mixture in the same oil used to saute onions. Fry this mixture.
- Put in all the spices. Salt, red chilli powder and turmeric. Fry the mixture till oil starts to seperate.
- Now add green chickpeas and diced potatoes.
- Saute the chickpeas and potat potatoes in the mixture for five to eight minutes on medium flame.
- Now add in 500 ml water. Let the curry cook on low flame till chickpeas become tender.
- When done, garnish with coriander leaves.
Aloo chole is a popular Punjabi curry of chickpeas and potato. It is not particularly hot and spicy, so add a little extra chilli if you like. Add the garlic, ginger, green chilli, tomato, ground coriander, turmeric and chilli powder and cook for five minutes. Add the chickpeas, cup of cooking liquid, cubed. Indian spicy Chicken curry or masala chicken with prominent leg piece, popular recipe from India, selective focus. हिन्दी में पढिये : Green Chickpeas Mushroom Curry Recipe – Cholia Khumb Curry.