Roasted Moong Dal Soup.
You can have Roasted Moong Dal Soup using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Moong Dal Soup
- You need 1 cup of moong dal, dry roasted.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, chopped (opt).
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of " ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare handful of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp. of whole garam masala (cinnamon, cardamoms & cloves).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tsp, red chili powder or to taste.
- You need 3 cups of water / vegetable stock.
- It’s of coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes to garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp. of lime juice.
Roasted Moong Dal Soup instructions
- Pressure cook the tomatoes in 1 cup water for 2 whistles. Blend when cool and strain. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and saute the whole garam masala and bay leaf..
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry till translucent. Add the roasted moong dal, coriander leaves, all the powdered masalas and 2 cups water / stock. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles..
- When cool, discard the bay leaf and the whole garam masalas. Blend in a mixie and add the tomato puree to it. Adjust the stock according to the consistency desired. Just before serving, heat through and add the lime juice. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves and chili flakes..