Chicken enchiladas. Seriously the best chicken enchiladas ever, made with lots of chicken, cheese, black beans (optional), and my favorite homemade red enchilada sauce recipe. This easy chicken enchiladas recipe is an authentic Mexican food staple. Tender pieces of shredded chicken are rolled in flour tortillas and topped with a homemade enchilada sauce.
Chicken and a creamy tomato sauce are rolled up in tortillas for this chicken enchiladas recipe-very quick to assemble! Season chicken with salt and pepper. Our favorite red chili chicken enchiladas! Nowdays, you should can have Chicken enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Chicken enchiladas
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless ).
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper, chopped and seeded.
- It’s 1 of small can diced green chiles.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin(can use less but I love cumin so I use a lot).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water(optional ).
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken stock (buillion).
- It’s 2 of or 3 large cans enchilada sauce. (2 should be plenty).
- It’s of grated cheese.
- You need 16 of Flour or corn tortillas.
I recall often eating these chicken enchiladas with very little cheese on them. (My mom, bless her soul, has no recollection of the chicken enchiladas without. This Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe from Delish.com is the best. These enchiladas are a little slice of cheesy, saucy heaven. They may not be authentic by, well, anyone's standards, but they are.
Chicken enchiladas step by step
- Put first 8 ingredients in the crockpot with one large can enchilada sauce. Set on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6..
- When the chicken is done, preheat the oven to 350 °..
- Pull chicken out and let rest on the counter for 5 minutes or so. Then shred and put back into the sauce..
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray..
- Put a couple spoonfuls of enchilada sauce in bottom of dish and spread it around so it leaves a thin layer of sauce..
- Lay a tortilla down and put a couple spoonfuls of mixture in the middle and roll it up. (Feel free to throw cheese in before you roll) place in dish seam side down..
- Repeat until mixture, or tortillas, are gone…or until you have enough enchiladas. (Filling is easy to save and store!).
- Cover the naked enchiladas with more enchilada sauce and sprinkle with as much or as little cheese as you want ..
- throw those bad boys into the oven for 30 minutes… done! Enjoy!.
Here is one of my favorite ways to make cheesy saucy chicken enchiladas. Thank you to my sister Monie for always making her chicken enchiladas when she. Chicken Enchiladas will forever and always be one of my must have foods. With a sauce like this Homemade Chicken Enchiladas. When we go to Mexican restaurants, enchiladas or tacos of some.