Chilean lentils in slow cooker. Once it has cooked the lentils should be tender. Give it a taste and add salt if needed. Then grab whatever toppings you have in your fridge and Maybe you put too much salt? when you cook hard beans / lentils in the slow cooker you have to add salt and seasonning after they've softened or it.
We let our slow cooker cook us dinner while we laid on the couch. These lentils are slow cooked with a variety of herbs and vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, celery, and bell pepper. A delicious and versatile recipe for slow cooker Moroccan lentils. Nowdays, you should can produce Chilean lentils in slow cooker using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Chilean lentils in slow cooker
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked lentils.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 of pepper bell (any colour, or all).
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of tbp oil.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 of tbp uncooked white rice.
- You need of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Oregano.
Serve the lentils over rice, or puree it into a soup. Lately I've been on a big lentil kick, so I've been whipping up big batches of lentils in the slow cooker. As I said, lentils are easy, but slow cooker lentils are even. Step four – cook the lentils in the slow cooker.
Chilean lentils in slow cooker step by step
- Soak your lentils in water for 6 to 8 hours, leaving about 2 centimeters of water (or more) above the lentils.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic in small cubes.
- Strain the lentils and save the water for watering plants (do not use it for cooking).
- In a pan, add oil and heat for a few seconds, then add the vegetables and sauté them until everything is soft and fragant.
- Add the vegetables and lentils to the slow cooker. Then add the broth and 2 and a half cups of water..
- Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano to taste..
- Stir to mix all ingredients evenly, then set to cook in high temperature for 4 hours, or cook in low for 6 hours..
- When there is about 20 minutes of cooking left, add the rice and stir to mix. You may replace rice for one chopped and peeled potato..
- When cooked, serve immediately..
- OPTIONAL: when served, you can add chopped fried sausages, fried or hard boiled eggs on top.
Place the container for the slow cooker back into its base and turn it on high. Let the lentils and everything cook down for a few hours until they have absorbed much of the liquid and become thick and tender, but not mushy. This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. It has great flavor and lots of healthy ingredients! You can find the recipe here.