By Jessica, February 12, 2013
Pancake Tuesday and Valentine’s Day fall within days of each other this year, so what better way to celebrate the two than with a romantic breakfast in bed? Treat the lucky lady in your life to these red-berry and vanilla infused pancakes and you’ll score extra points for making something as healthy as it is delicious.
Makes 8 pancakes approx.
• 130g Plain flour
• 2 tsp Baking powder
• 1 tsp Sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1 Egg
• 230ml Milk
• 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
• 100g Chopped fresh strawberries and raspberries
1. Beat the egg, milk and vanilla extract together.
2. Stir the dry ingredients together in a bowl, then gradually add in the liquid mixture.
3. Add the chopped berries, keeping some for sprinkling on top of the cooked pancakes.
4. Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat.