By Orla, September 12, 2013
Just because you’re a coeliac doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in tasty treats such as cakes, breads and pancakes. In fact, you can enjoy even healthier versions if you have the right recipe.
This recipe is packed with all the flavour of regular pancakes, without the calories! Not only is it gluten-free, but it’s high in protein and heart-healthy ingredients, and extremely simple to make with only four ingredients.
- ½ cup of gluten-free oats
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup of cottage cheese (low-fat for an even healthier option)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Greek yoghurt (you can add a drop of vanilla essence for extra flavour)
- Fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Maple syrup
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Blend the egg whites, oats, cottage cheese and vanilla extract until smooth and fully combined using a food processor.
- Pour the batter into the pan, flipping the pancakes when bubbles begin to appear and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Add your toppings, and bon apetit!
With just over 300 calories per stack, this recipe provides all the satisfaction of regular pancakes, and none of the guilt.