Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies.
You can have Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies
- You need of For White Chocolate filling.
- Prepare 12 ounces of white chocolste, not chipd.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy creslam.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the Oatmeal Cookies.
- It’s 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of groumd cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of old fashened oats.
- Prepare as needed of granulated sugar for flattening cookies.
Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies instructions
- Start White Chocolate filling it needs time to chill.
- Have chopped white chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, add vanilla to hot cream and stir it in and pour over chocolate. Let sit one minute then stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature then covver and refrigerate until very cold at least 4 hours or over night.
- Preheat the ove n to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in flour until combined then stir in oats.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Dip the back of a spoon in granulayed sugar and flatten ball slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden and just set. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
- Finish white chocolate filling.
- Beat cold white chocolate mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add one cookie bottom up.
- Spread some white chocolate fillingvon cookie.
- Top with another cookie and sandwich them togethet.