Banana Oat Muffins. Reviews for: Photos of Banana Oat Muffins. Meet the banana muffins of my dreams. They're fluffy, whole grain, naturally sweetened, totally Make it oat free: Simply omit the oats.
Fill greased muffin cups almost full. These healthy oats banana muffins are super moist, soft and fluffy. High in fibre and protein makes them fill you more than the typical muffins. You can cook Banana Oat Muffins using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Oat Muffins
- Prepare 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk (any kind).
- You need 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed.
- You need 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 cup of mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas or 2 large).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar (or honey or maple syrup).
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten, at room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional).
Simple, healthy and easy to make. These banana oatmeal muffins are moist and delicious and can also be made gluten-free. These delicious Banana Oat Muffins are naturally sweetened and use basic ingredients like whole wheat flour, bananas, oats, applesauce and honey. Healthy banana muffins recipe made with old fashioned rolled oats and whole wheat flour.
Banana Oat Muffins instructions
- Start by stirring your oats into your milk in a large bowl and letting it sit for 1 hour to allow them time to soak..
- Once the oats have soaked for at least 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a small bowl whisk together both of the flours, the ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set that aside..
- Stir in the brown sugar, beaten eggs and melted butter to the milk and oats. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. If using an optional add in (such as nuts or chocolate chips) then fold that in now..
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and place the pan into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. You'll have a little additional batter left. I made 6 mini muffins with the remaining batter (same temperature for 8 or so minutes)..
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. As with most baked banana goods, the flavor of these is much better and more pronounced the next day..
- Store muffins covered at room temperature for 3-4 days..
Start your day with an easy, nutritious breakfast. This mix contains several healthier ingredient substitutions. Can you Make Banana Oatmeal Muffins without Eggs? You can make these muffins egg-free by using an extra banana and oat flour. The mixture will be thicker in this case, so I don't recommend.