Banana Bread Oatmeal.
You can have Banana Bread Oatmeal using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread Oatmeal
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 of medium overripe banana, mashed.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of sweetener of choice (optional).
- You need of For serving :.
- It’s of Use your favorite oatmeal toppings, for example:.
- It’s of coarsely chopped walnuts.
- It’s of dark chocolate chips.
- You need of additional sliced banana.
- It’s of nut butter or nutella.
- You need of raisins.
- Prepare of ground flax seeds.
- It’s of hemp seeds.
Banana Bread Oatmeal instructions
- Place the milk and water in a medium saucepan (nonstick recommended) over medium-high heat. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and let it come to a low boil..
- Next stir in the oats, mashed banana, salt and the ground flaxseed (if using). Decrease the heat to medium-low and allow it to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency..
- Stir in your sweetener of choice to taste. The banana will help to naturally sweeten it, so start out with just a little sweetener. Add whatever toppings sound good to you, then eat immediately..
- Pictured topped with a tbsp peanut butter, coarsely chopped walnuts, ground flax seeds and hemp seeds, with about 1 tbsp of maple syrup for sweetener..